Monday 17 August 2009

I can run faster: Usain Bolt


Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt has said that he is targeting the 9.4-second barrier for the 100m after setting a new world record at the World Championships. The 22-year-old recorded a time of 9.58 seconds as he raced to a sensational victory in Berlin last night. Bolt's coach Glen Mills had predicted after the Olympics that his runner could make 9.54 and was nearly proved right.

"I think it will stop at 9.4, but you never know," said the Jamaican.

"I'm going to run hard. I think it's going to be even more difficult because I just took Tyson's 100m title, so I know he's going to come after me. I'm just going to do my best like I always do. You can always expect me to go out and run my heart out. It's going to be fun."

Fun certainly seems to be the buzz-word around Bolt, who is happy to laugh and joke with his competitors and the crowd until the very last seconds before the start of a race.

And the star has no plans to change this relaxed approach.

"I train all year round to run the 100m, so I know what I've got to do. When I go in the blocks, I know what's necessary, so, for me, I can have all the fun I want before the race."

However, Bolt is wary of overcelebrating while he still has his favoured event - the 200m - to come in Berlin.

"I came out here to do my best and I did what I had to do," he said. "There'll be no partying for me ahead of Tuesday. I'll rest up as always. I need to rest up for the 200m."Click here to read more about Usain Bolt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
indiae.in we are in Indiae.in

Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Sports blogs blog directory Blog Directory Golden - Links Web Directory Blog Collector Free Website Directory

Blog Directory Blog Directory

Follow this site rantop.com

Link exchange | Internet Marketing