Wednesday 3 March 2010

CWG: Sania Mirza hoping for good performance

Recuperating from the wrist injury, Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza has said that her next big goal is to make a strong comeback at the Commonwealth Games, scheduled in October 2010 in the national capital.

"My main goal now is probably going to be the Commonwealth and the Asian Games because these events are the most important thing at the moment. Especially with Commonwealth Games being in India, it makes it all the more important", said Mirza on the sidelines of the inauguration of a residential tennis academy, headed by former Davis Cupper Jaidip Mukerjea, in Kolkata city on Tuesday

Mirza has ruled herself out of the game for the next six weeks due to a career-threatening wrist injury in her right hand that she incurred at the Dubai Open in February 2010. “I have been struggling with my wrist a little bit. I got some MRIs done yesterday. So, I need about six weeks off as of now. That is the condition at the moment. I have been struggling with this injury since the Fed Cup. But I played on with it a little bit, just to try out if I could. But right now I need six weeks off and then we will take a re-evaluation of the situation”, Mirza added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
indiae.in we are in Indiae.in

Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Sports blogs blog directory Blog Directory Golden - Links Web Directory Blog Collector Free Website Directory

Blog Directory Blog Directory

Follow this site rantop.com

Link exchange | Internet Marketing